🌱 Southampton Daily: Strawberry Hepatitis A outbreak + Dan’s Chefs
Hello everyone! It’s Thursday in Southampton. Diane Witek here with all the good to print on what’s happening locally. Keep scrolling for the scoop.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Cloudy and sunny weather. High: 72, low: 60.
Here are the top stories in Southampton today:
- An outbreak of hepatitis A has been linked to fresh organic strawberries sold at stores including Aldi, Walmart and Trader Joe’s (see full list). Strawberries under the FreshKampo and HEB brands were sold between March 5 and April 25. If you’ve frozen strawberries and you don’t know what brand they are, you should dispose of them immediately, regulators said. (Patch)
- Join the event that is the perfect marriage of cuisine and culture – Dan’s Chefs of the Hamptons returns June 24 to celebrate both the 10th anniversary of Dan’s Taste events and the 90th anniversary of Guild Hall. Tickets for this exquisite event are still on sale at DansTaste.com. (Dan’s Papers)
- This summer is brimming with “talented chefs, restaurateurs, sommeliers and other hospitality professionals”, according to the New York Post, the Hamptons scene is going to be very promising this season. If you haven’t made your list of must-visit restaurants, now is the time. Enjoy! (New York Post)
Today in Southampton:
- Grade 5 Outdoor Educational Trip – Tuckahoe Common School District. (All day)
- ISA Ceremony – Southampton UFSD. (All day)
- ISA Ceremony – Southampton High School. (All day)
- A virtual conversation with author and journalist A’Lelia Bundles (Zoom). (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation: “Sliding in June. It’s 𝔸𝕕𝕠𝕡𝕥 𝔸 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 ℂ𝕒𝕥 𝕄𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙! Meet Hobart! This flexible 5-year-old is looking for his forever home, check out his full profile on post https://bit.ly.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Southampton Stony Brook Hospital: “The Edie Windsor Backyard BBQ has long kicked off the Hamptons season. This year, the party benefited the Edie Windsor Health Care Center at Stony Brook Southampton Hospital in Hampton Bays, which provides a comprehensive and compassionate service.” (Facebook) (Website)
- Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse: “Overdose deaths: ‘A perfect storm of two pandemics.’ #LICADD, #substance, #overdosedeaths.” (Facebook) (Website)
- City of Southampton – Government: “Dragonfly Day Green Expo: The Greenbelt friends of Long Pond and the City of Southampton invite you to bring your family to the Dragonfly Day Green Expo. #Southamptontownny, #GGPonstage, #SouthamptonParksRec.” (Facebook) (Website)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Spring Fling Music Festival (June 4)
- Decorators-designers-dealers auction and benefit gala (June 4)
- Art Vernissage: Exhibitions in Four Dimensions (June 4)
- Pony Rides to benefit Stony Hill Stables Foundation Equestrian Scholarships (June 5)
- Huge Benefit Tag Sale (June 5)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Diane Witek
About me: Passionate writer, web designer, social media marketer and newly proclaimed baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.