🌱 Riverview High Little Mermaid Concert + TPD Chief Vote Coming
Happy Wednesday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Shower and thunderstorm. High: 77 Low: 65.
One of the easiest ways to connect with local customers and keep in mind in town is to sponsor the Tampa Daily. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories from today in Tampa:
1. The Tampa Water Department will temporarily change its water disinfection process to chlorine between March 14 and April 4. The change of routine protects the quality of drinking water by prevent the appearance of bacteria in water pipes and service lines. Customers who are sensitive to chlorine may notice a stronger chlorine smell or taste during this transition period. (Tampa Patch)
2. Country singer Sam Hunt surprised fans Florida Strawberry Festival Sunday evening at City of Plants when he brought former Buccaneers finish Rob Gronkowski on stage during his performance. It happened hours after quarterback Tom Brady announced his intention to return to the Buccaneers for the 2022 season. The Bucs are hoping to re-sign Gronkowski now that Brady is back. (WFLA)
3. The emergency state inin force since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, is now overD. The county is closing its COVID-19 testing and vaccine site. Since March 10, the Hillsborough County’s COVID-19 positivity rate is 2.9%, according to the county health department. (Fox 13 Tampa)
4. The Tampa City Council East vote thursday to controversial candidate Mary O’Connor for the chief of policeaccording to a meeting agenda. Only 6 members will vote due to the recent resignation of Council Member John Dingfelder. (Tampa Bay Times)
5. Riverview High School Theater Program hosts a Disney screening “The little Mermaid” from friday april 7 for Sunday April 9. The decor of the show consists of over 10,000 reused plastic bottles, cans and food containers as part of its environmental message. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children, and free to all Hillsborough County School District employees. (Osprey Observer)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Ring, a Patch brand partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts? (CNET reviewers called the new system – known as the Ring Alarm Pro – “a giant leap forward for home security”). So why the congratulations?
In a nutshell: Ring Alarm Pro can protect your home online and offline. It includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router to help you get reliable physical and digital security in one innovative device. Now you can help protect your home with all the benefits of the Ring Alarm, to keep your home safe and secure, while enjoying fast and reliable connectivity.
To learn more about the system CNET called “the future of home security” or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Tampa:
- City of Tampa Public Art Committee Monthly Meeting at the Tampa City Office Building. (12:00)
- Busch Gardens Food and Wine Festival. (12:00)
- running club at Armature Works. (6:00 p.m.)
- Reggae Rise Up Pre-Party with Steel Pulse at Jannus Live. (7:00 p.m.)
- Dream theater with special guest: Arch Echo at the Duke Energy Center For The Arts – Mahaffey Theatre. (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Hillsborough County Local Residents and Transportation Leaders hope that the federal government can deliver to a noise barrier at a busy part of I-275 Where there is is currently not one. the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) say that because there is no expansion work takes place on the span of I-275 where a wall is absentFDOT technically cannot add or upgrade area with noise barriers despite complaints. (ABC Stock News)
- The salty nun at 2501 Central Avenue East now in soft opening. It is a collaboration between Stella’s and recently closed Salty’s. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
- the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and cornerback Carlton Davis to have agreed on the terms of a new contract, according to a report by NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport. (Tampa Patch)
- A Pasco man is dead after a collision with a milk truckaccording to Florida Highway Patrol. (Fox 13 Tampa)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Breast ultrasound screening comes directly to you! (March 21st)
- Social Security Seminar 22/3 & 23/3 (March 22)
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Generating income in a low interest rate environment (March 29)
- Add your event
Do you like the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now aware and ready to go out this Wednesday! I will see you soon.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.