Southeastern Grocers Wins 13 Private Label Dairy Awards
JACKSONVILLE, Fla .– (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG), parent company and headquarters of Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie, has won 13 awards for its private label dairy products, rivaling industry leaders dairy in North America at the annual World Dairy Expo Championship sponsored by the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association.
Southeastern Grocers’ SE Grocers product line received honors for five varieties of yogurt, two cream cheese selections and two cheese varieties, while the grocer’s Prestige and Naturally Better product lines won four awards. of frozen yogurt and ice cream.
Gayle Shields, vice president of pharmacy and private labels for Southeastern Grocers, said: â€œWe are honored that the World Dairy Expo has recognized our commitment to providing exceptional products to our customers with 13 awards in the Ice Cream, Yogurt and Cheese categories. We take great pride in our private label products and work hard to develop dynamic, affordable, high quality products that our customers can trust and love.
Private label products won the â€œtop threeâ€ in several categories of ice cream, yogurt and cheese:
- First place – Prestige Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt (Category: Frozen Yogurt)
- First Place – SE Grocers Natural Sliced â€‹â€‹Havarti Cheese (Category: Cheese – Brick, Muenster, Havarti)
- First Place – SE Grocers, Skim Greek Yogurt, Blueberry (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – Fat Free, Any Flavor)
- First Place – SE Grocers Whole Milk Yogurt Vanilla (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – 1%, any flavor)
- First place – SE Grocers Blueberry Fat Free Light Yogurt (Category: Blueberry Yogurt)
- Second Place – Prestige Strawberry Premium Ice Cream (Category: Strawberry Ice Cream)
- Second Place – Naturally Better Organic Ice Cream Sandwich (Category: Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Reduced Fat Old Cheddar Cheese (Category: Cheese – Low Fat)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread (Category: Flavored Cream Cheese)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Nonfat Greek Yogurt Cherry (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – Fat Free, Any Flavor)
- Second Place – SE Grocers No Sugar Added Strawberry Yogurt (Category: Strawberry Yogurt)
- Third place – Premium French Vanilla Ice Cream (Category: French Vanilla Ice Cream)
- Third Place – SE Grocers Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread (Category: Flavored Cream Cheese)
This is the sixth year that Southeastern Grocers has been recognized by the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association. The World Dairy Expo 2021 was held in Madison, Wisconsin and serves as a forum for dairy farmers, businesses, organizations and other dairy enthusiasts to come together to compete and exchange ideas, knowledge , technology and commerce.
Twenty-five of SEG’s private label products were also recently recognized by Store Brands Editors’ Picks for their excellence in innovation, flavor and variety. The grocer also celebrated 41 of its award-winning private labels and market exclusive wines this month, as the grocer took home three â€œBest in Showâ€ awards, eight gold, 29 silver and four bronze in the fourth annual USA Wine Ratings competition. Award-winning wines and SE Grocers, Prestige and Naturally Better products can be purchased at Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores throughout the South East.
About Southeastern Grocery Stores
Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG), the parent company and headquarters of Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is one of the largest conventional supermarket companies in the United States. SEG grocery stores, liquor stores and pharmacies serve communities. in the five southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie are well-known and respected regional brands with deep legacies, close ties to the neighborhood, proud stories of giving back, talented and caring associates and strong commitments to providing the best quality. and possible value to customers. For more information visit www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.